Just back from NYC, I thought I would share with you guys a little taste of our experience in the Big Apple! This was a SUPER short trip (just Saturday through Monday), but it was still great! We enjoyed some great moments- from dinner to sight-seeing to breathing in all the beautiful paper goodness... so I must say we can't complain one bit about the overall experience!
Once we arrived in NYC, we were anxious to get our Big Apple on since we were so short on time. After a quick lunch brisk walk through Times Square, we headed down to Ground Zero to check out the 9/11 Museum and Memorial. I was amazed by how BIG the waterfalls were. I had seen them on television, but they are much more impressive in real life. The footprint of what was once the Twin Towers is enormous... and it really makes the gravity of the situation that much more compelling. It's just a beautiful tribute to the lives lost that day.
After visiting the memorial and cleaning up at the hotel, we headed up to Harlem for what I was most looking forward to - our dinner reservations at Red Rooster (Marcus Samuelsson's restaurant). It was such a fun place- a hopping bar, a great menu and very lively atmosphere. I even got to take a photo with the Chef himself! We both enjoyed our dinner of "Jerk Bacon and Eggs" appetizers and "Fried Yard Bird" entrees and were happily stuffed to the gills!
On Sunday morning, the show officially opened and it was fantastic! Since we missed the show last year, it was nice to be "back in the fold" among the rows and rows of greeting cards, invitations and gifts. Since we only had a day and a half to walk the show, we knew we had to power-shop a bit, but we hit up some great booths, right off:
- Jenn Sprinkle Paper - *LOVED* their wedding invitation suites - customizable and gorgeous! Sorry for the blurry pic, but we're super pumped to have the in-town exclusive on this one! We think you'll love it too!
- Rifle Paper Co. - We've been swooning over this line for awhile now, so we finally decided to dive right in. It's a beautiful collection of vintage-inspired designs, from greeting cards to holiday postcards to notecard sets. Gorgeous designs and a top-notch quality!
- Jan Sevadjian Designs - We've had a lot of requests to carry this line of gorgeous wedding memory books and photo books, so it's on its way!
- Bombinizz - This is a great new company that makes "pillow carrier" overnight bags, perfect for any sleepover! We love the designs and simple, practical use. They are made right here in the USA and are fully customizable by monogram on the front pocket. We think you guys will love these!
- Whisker Graphics - A few of you DIY-ers have asked for this line by name... so your wish is granted! A great selection of colorful twine, favor bags and decorative stickers are on their way this summer, so stay tuned!
- Crane & Co. - Crane has been a staple, quality brand for years, but their new personalized line is just gorgeous! Expect to see it with us in the fall!
We also found a few great greeting card and gift lines that we're excited about, but we can't reveal everything right now! You'll just have to check back with us regularly to see what is new and exciting in the store. If you're not already a fan on Facebook, you can become one here. We often post photos of "JUST IN" products, so our FB fans are the first to know when something new and exciting has arrived!
We are so thankful for the opportunity to go to the National Stationery Show and visit with all of the fabulous vendors that exhibited. It really gets us riled up for a great year in paper! Thanks NYC!